|bClear Critical Illness Insurance|
Critical Illness insurance coverage on a standalone basis.
Critical Illness insurance is an optional component of a bclear benefits
plan. Now it can be bought on its own, outside of any benefits plan.
You can't get this coverage anywhere else!
10 reasons to choose bClear benefits for your Critical
1. Competitive rates through group purchasing power.
2. Added features not available elsewhere!
3. 23 covered illnesses/conditions.
4. Double the payout for occupational injuries.
5. No medicals for groups of two or more employees.
6. No family history questionnaires!
7. Easy administration.
8. Conversion option if you ever left your employer.
9. Coverage to age 70. Most policies end at age 65.
10. Applying is easy!
Added features of bClear benefits Critical Illness insurance:
- Double the payout for occupational injuries
- $50/day if you need to be hospitalized for more than 3 days.
- Payment for most common type of non-invasive breast cancer (DCIS).
- Payment for early prostate cancer treatment.
- 2nd event coverage: for example, if cancer is the first claim and then you get heart disease, you can claim again. Most critical illness policies only cover the first event.
23 Covered Illnesses/Conditions:
|Alzheimer's Disease||Deafness*||Motor Neuron Disease|
|Aorta Surgery||Dismemberment*||Multiple Sclerosis|
|Benign Brain Tumour||Heart Attack||Occupational HIV Infection|
|Blindness*||Heart Valve Replacement||Paralysis*|
|Cancer||Loss of Speech*||Parkinson's Disease|
|Cancer Reoccurrence||Loss of Independence|
|Coma*||Major Organ Failure||Severe Burns*|
|Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery||Major Organ Transplant||Stroke|
*These Illnesses are considered occupational injuries, so the payout is double.
The insurerwill pay out a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with one of the major illnesses listed above and survive 30 days from the date of diagnosis.
Life-changing illness can strike anyone. Critical Illness insurance is important coverage to have.
For more information on group critical illness coverage, contact our team.
Consider these statistics:
- One in three Canadians will develop life-threatening cancer.
- One in two heart attack victims are under the age of 65.
- Each year, 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke; of all the stroke victims, 75% will be left with a disability.
The good news is survival is more likely than ever before.
- With healthier lifestyles and advances in medical technology, Canadians are now surviving critical illnesses that were, at one time, life-threatening. For example, 80% of hospitalized heart patients, and an equal percentage of stroke victims, will now survive the initial event.
The bad news is recovery can be more expensive than ever.
- Advances in medical science and increasing life expectancies mean that you have a better chance of surviving critical illness. However, living with a critical illness can place overwhelming financial burdens on you and your family.
Critical Illness insurance will allow you to focus on recovery. You can use the lump sum payout in any way you choose:
- Pay off your mortgage, credit cards or other debt.
- Save for your retirement.
- Pay for medications and treatments not covered by provincial health care.
- Pay for treatments not available in Canada and/or travel and accommodation costs.
- Modify your home or vehicle to improve your mobility.
- Hire home care or domestic help during your recovery.
- Fund a leave of absence for you and/or your spouse.