Extended Health InsuranceGenerally, this is the most frequently used part of your employee benefits plan.
- Prescription Drug Coverage (with the convenience of a drug card)
- Paramedical Practitioner Coverage (includes chiropractor, physiotherapist, massage therapist, naturopath, psychologist, acupuncturist, etc. Click here for a complete listing.)
- Semi Private and Private Hospital Accommodation
- Vision Care – eye exams (eyewear and laser eye surgery can be offered as an optional feature)
- Private Duty Nursing (limited to a maximum of $10,000 per calendar year or $25,000 per lifetime, whichever comes first, for acute conditions)
- Hearing Aids (up to $400 every 5 years)
- Out of Country/Out of Province Insurance
- 24-month survivor benefit: this allows your dependent members of your family access to your benefits plan for 24 months following your death without having to pay premiums.
- Extended coverage: Coverage terminates at age 85 or retirement.